Black Friday presents an annual opportunity for online retailers to attract new customers and boost sales. However, with the abundance of marketing emails bombarding customers, it becomes challenging for your messages to stand out from the crowd.
Nonetheless, there is a way to cut through the noise and ensure that your message gets noticed. The key lies in crafting Black Friday email subject lines that spark curiosity and motivate recipients to open them. In this article, we will explore proven techniques for writing lines for sale emails on Black Friday that maximize open rates. We’ll discuss the effectiveness of phrases, leveraging relevant keywords and themes and optimizing email subject lines for both desktop and mobile users.
Mastering the Art of Crafting Perfect Black Friday Email Subject Lines: Useful Tips
The subject line is the first and possibly the only thing your customers will see in their inbox regarding your Black Friday deals. It must entice them to open the email and browse your sale. Consider the following tips when crafting compelling subject lines.
- Highlight exclusive deals: One of the best ways to entice customers is by promoting exclusive deals available only to email subscribers. Subject lines like “Exclusive 50% off sitewide — only for our email club!” leverage scarcity and make customers feel special for being on your list.
- Use urgency and scarcity: Customers are motivated by deals that are only available for a limited time. Email subject lines with a sense of urgency like “Last chance! 30% off ends in 4 hours” tap into FOMO and prompt faster actions.
- Focus on big savings: Nothing gets customers excited like steep discounts. Call out raw savings amounts in your subject lines like “Save up to $500 store-wide!” Customers may be intrigued enough to open an email advertising substantial savings.
- Highlight top product categories: Zoom in on some of your best-selling categories and deals. Email subject lines promoting specific products like “Laptops starting at $399” or “Up to 70% off living room furniture” give customers a preview of what they’ll find.
- Get personal with names: When possible, personalize the sale email’s subject line by including customers’ first names. Customers are more likely to open emails addressed to them like “Sarah, don’t miss these Cyber Monday steals!” Personalization builds trust and familiarity.
Pre-Black Friday Teaser Subject Lines
When preparing for Black Friday, it’s important to build excitement and anticipation for your big sale event through targeted sale emails marketing campaigns. An effective email strategy is to send subscribers a series of “teaser” emails with enticing subject lines that hint at soon-to-be-revealed deals without giving everything away.
Here are 10 examples of interesting pre-Black Friday teaser email subject lines you can use in your campaigns:
- Don’t miss this trend — Your biggest Black Friday sale is about to begin…
- Sneak peek: See some of our best Black Friday deals
- Black Friday deals so good we can’t keep them a secret for long…
- Black Friday preview: Save up to 76% on electronics and more
- Our countdown to Black Friday savings has BEGUN Tick Tock…
- Black Friday deals dropping soon — See an exclusive trend sneak peek now!
- Brand new Black Friday prices, but only for a limited time…
- Black Friday discounts coming your way. Sign up to be the first to shop.
- Your shopping cart will thank you — Black Friday prices arrive on 1st October
- Black Friday preview sale LIVE—Save big before the real deals start!
Small Business Saturday Email Subject Lines
Small Business Saturday, which occurs on the Saturday following Thanksgiving every year, holds value as a shopping holiday for businesses nationwide.
Below is an example of attention-grabbing email subject lines for Small Business Saturday.
- Celebrate Small Businesses this Saturday
- Shop Local this Small Business Saturday
- Support Your Neighborhood Shops This Weekend
- Show Your Community Love this Small Business Saturday
- Small Businesses Need Your Support — Shop Saturday!
- Your Favorite Shops Are Celebrating — Join the Trend!
- Still Need Gifts? Shop Small this weekend.
- Give Back to Local Shops on Small Business Saturday
- Small Business Saturday Deals Just a Click Away
- Haven’t Finished Your Shopping? Shop Small Saturday.
- Time to Discover Your Neighborhood Gems
- Thank You for Shopping Small — See You Saturday!
- Shop Small, Make a Big Impact this Weekend
- Small Businesses Thank You — Come Shop Saturday
- Spend Local, Keep Dollars in the Community
Subject Lines for Black Friday Last-Chance Emails
Effective Black Friday last chance email subject lines should convey urgency and scarcity. They need to communicate that this is the final opportunity to take advantage of sales before prices go back up.
Here are 15 examples of compelling subject lines you can use for your Black Friday last-chance email marketing campaign:
- Last Day to Save 50% Storewide
- Hurry — Black Friday Deals Expire at Midnight
- Final Hours! Up to 70% Off Black Friday Offer on Everything.
- Sale Ends Tonight: Don’t Miss Out on These Black Friday Trend Deals
- It’s Your Last Chance: Black Friday Blowout Event
- PRICE DROP — Black Friday Doorbusters While Supplies Last
- Final Reminder: Black Friday at Up to 60% Off this Weekend
- Last Call: Black Friday Savings Before Prices Rise
- TODAY ONLY: Black Friday Blowout — Everything Must Go!
- Deadline Approaching: Black Friday Bargains About to Disappear
- Countdown Clock is Ticking — Shop Black Friday Now
- Final Black Friday Hours Remain: Up to 80% Off Storewide
- ENDING SOON: Epic Black Friday Steals and Deals
- Very Last Chance: Black Friday Fire Sale — Everything on Sale
- Don’t Miss Out: Black Friday Savings Trend Ending Tonight
With the right email marketing subject line, you can encourage shoppers to take one final look at deals before they expire for good.
Last chance subject lines
Last chance email subject lines are a special type of messaging that offers your prospect one final opportunity before closing a marketing campaign or offer.
Here are 15 examples of effective last-chance email subject lines:
- Last call! 24 hours left to claim your Black Friday discount
- Final hours! Don’t miss your chance to save 30%
- Today only: Special Black Friday offer ending at midnight
- Last boats leaving the dock — reserve your Black Friday spot now
- Deadline tonight: Enter Black Friday coupon code before it’s too late
- Final notice: Limited quantities left, order soon!
- One-day sale: 24 hours to get 50% off everything this weekend
- Tomorrow we close the gates: Act before it’s too late
- Last call for Black Friday clearance — everything must go!
- Final reduction: Prices slashed for remaining inventory
- Don’t miss your seat — book today’s show before it sells out
- Hurry! Only 3 tickets left for our biggest Black Friday event of the year.
- Final 48 hours: Exclusive access at this low price ends Sunday
- Last payment due today: Renew now to avoid interruption
- Calling all procrastinators — Black Friday sale ends tonight!
Cyber Monday Email Subject Lines to Promote Your Sale
The email subject line of your Cyber Monday marketing emails is one of the most important elements. It gives customers a snapshot of what your email is about at a glance and will help encourage them to open it.
Here are 10 examples of Cyber Monday email subject lines to try:
- 30% off sitewide today only for Cyber Monday
- Don’t wait — up to 50% off ends this weekend
- The biggest sale of the year — up to 70% off
- Cyber Monday Steals — new deals every hour
- Last chance: Extra 20% off with code CYBER20
- IT’S HERE! Cyber Monday starts now
- Stock up and save — everything on sale
- Say goodbye to full price when you shop our Cyber Monday deals
- Cyber Monday madness — doors open at midnight
- Beat the rush — shop our pre-Cyber Monday sale now
For business owners and marketers, Black Friday’s approach can feel overwhelming. We aim to do more than provide a service; we want to be your ally and help ease the Black Friday stress. This is why we’ve put together a complete marketing package for you.
Our Black Friday bundle includes:
- 1 landing page (5-7 screens): Captivating copy and eye-catching design that convert.
- 2 blog posts (1,000 words per post): Meticulously crafted articles to boost your SEO and engagement.
- 5 social media posts (150 words + banner design for each post): Dazzling posts to create buzz and attract your audience.
- 2 sets of banner ads in 5 different sizes: Persuasive designs that drive clicks.
Crafting compelling email subject lines is vital for maximizing rates during the Black Friday season. Through testing and optimization, you can create lines that capture readers’ interest and motivate them to open your emails. By following these suggestions, you can significantly increase the chances of success for your email campaigns during this peak shopping period. Dedicate some time to fine-tuning your subject lines — it could be the determining factor between engagement and average results this Black Friday.
Oct 26, 2023